While our market here in the Tri-Cities has slowed very little in this economic upheavel, there are still steps to be taken to best show off your home to potential buyers. Attention to detail can mean the difference between a house that’s sold and one that lingers on the market. Here are some home staging tips:
- Allow at least 3 feet of space so potential buyers can walk around freely.
- Leave no more that two kitchen appliances on your counters.
- Remove area rugs on top of carpets.
- Take all papers and photos off refrigerator.
- Turn on all lights during a showing, even if it’s during the day, and make sure shades or blinds are open.
- Avoid cooking a few hours before a showing.
- Put out fresh flowers to make your home feel inviting.
- Hide bills rather than leaving then out in a tray or organizer, and stash cleaning supplies.