Got a spare hour of so? Make some time to start tossing. Get a trash bag, your recycling bin and a few boxes for donations and get down to business. Working room by room, here are the things you can get rid of right away.
- Expired food in your fridge and pantry. Check those condiments – they don’t last as long as you think.
- Recipe books, cards and printouts you don’t use.
- Old or one time use cleaning supplies under the sink.
- Bottles of alcohol collecting dust.
- Old, stained and tattered sponges, dishrags and hand towels.
- Magazines you’ve already read.
- DVDs that no one watches anymore.
- Knickknacks that you are tired of looking at.
- Extra throw pillows and blankets.
- Old toys and electronics that aren’t being used.
- Expired medications.
- Old makeup, nail polishes and other skin care products.
- Half-empty bottles of soap or soap remnants in the shower.
- Hotel soaps, shampoos, lotions, sample packets.
- Hair accessories, curlers, hot tools that are no longer used.
- Extra sets of sheets (you only need 2).
- Clothes that don’t fit or you no longer wear.
- Shoes that are worn out or never worn.
- Broken, unused jewelry.
- Extra buttons, clothing tags, safety & bobby pins.
- Old instruction manuals.
- Print-outs you don’t have a use for.
- Books you’ve already read, don’t like, or won’t realistically get to.
- Shred old tax documents, bills and pay stubs.
- Extra pens, pencils and other office supplies.