The Mid-Columbia vineyards have again taken honors for our outstanding wines during the recent Los Angeles International Wine & Spirits Competition. See below for results:
- Kiona Vineyards Winery on Red Mountain won best in show for its – ‘2008 chenin blanc ice wine’. Kiona won the top award for limited-productions wines and also won gold for its ‘reserve sangiovese’.
- Domaine Ste. Michelle in Paterson won gold medals for ‘blanc de blanc’, and its ‘blanc de noir’ sparkling wines.
- Barnard Griffin in Richland won gold for ‘rose of sangiovese’.
- Tagaris of Richland won gold for its ‘Alice Vineyard mourvedre’.
- Tasawik Vineyards of Prosser won gold for its ‘Hailstorm Red’.
- Hogue Cellars of Prosser won gold for its ‘Genesis Riesling’.
- Gamache Vintners of Prosser won gold for its “viognier’.
- Columbia Crest in Paterson won gold for its “Grand Estates cabernet sauvignon’.
Go to www.winepressnw.com/winners for the list of medal winner in all categories.