Combining this winter’s cold temperatures with economic concerns about saving money on heating bills means it’s a good time to audit your home for energy saving ideas. Here are some ideas to get a big return on energy savings:
- Did you know that 10 to 50 percent of energy is lost through walls, ceilings and floors due to inadequate insulation? The first place to look for missing or inadequate insulation is in the attic. Where the interior of walls and ceilings is easily accessible, adding insulation can be a relatively inexpensive way to get a big return on energy savings.
- Sealing the leaks from the heating space into the attic dramatically reduces heating costs and also limits the amount of moisture seeping into the atic.
- Installing child proof electrical outlet caps is an excellent way of reducing air movement into the wall cavity, particularly in outlets along outside walls.
- Installing a programmable thermostat can help you save money on your heating bills by keeping the temperature lower when no one is home.
- If it’s time to replace any kitchen appliances, buy ones with the Energy Star label and reap energy bill savings.
Your Canyon Lakes Realtor,
Sharon Sasser Warren,
Distinctive Properties, Inc.
(509) 551-4393 firstname.lastname@example.org